Last updated: February 13, 2020
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual. It may include your name and address, e-mail address, employment history, or other details about you.
The table below explains the types of personal information we may collect from you.
|Type Of Personal Information
We May Collect From You
|Description of Personal Information|
|Information you give us when applying to use or when using our Services||Individuals that wish to use our Services will typically be asked to provide the following information:
• Contact information such as your name, address and contact telephone numbers;
• Unique identifiers such as your date of birth and social insurance number;
• Personal background such as age, marital status, income, employment history and household expenses; and
• Payment or banking information.
|Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies, financial services providers and other sources||We may collect personal information from consumer reporting agencies, including information about your credit scores and creditworthiness. We may also receive credit score or creditworthiness or other financial information from other sources including Resellers and financial service providers such as licensed insolvency trustees, licensed insolvency counsellors, debt management solutions companies, mortgage brokers and specialty lending partners.|
|Information we may receive from third party account verification service providers Information from your visit to our website and your use of our Services||We may collect personal information (e.g., bank account and income verification information) from third parties that provide account verification services. We collect information related to your visits to our website and interaction with our Services. This information may include:
• Information from or about the devices you use to access our Services;
• Browsing information, using cookies, web beacons and mobile device identifiers to collect information; and
• Your account balance, account activity and usage of various Services.
|Information you provide when you communicate with us||This may include your name and contact information and other information you choose to provide us.|
We may use the personal information we collect from you in the following ways:
- Information you give us when applying to use or when using our Services. We use this information to communicate with you and provide you with the Services. We use unique identifiers (e.g., Social Insurance Numbers) to identify you with consumer reporting agencies and other institutions for credit history file matching purposes. We use information about your personal background to serve you better. We use payment or banking information to complete transactions with you and on your behalf as you may request.
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies, financial services providers and other sources. We use this information to help us determine the Services that would be appropriate to offer you and tailor our Services for you. Consumer reporting agencies we may receive personal information from include TransUnion and Equifax. We may also receive personal information from Resellers and licensed insolvency trustees, licensed insolvency counsellors, debt management solutions companies, mortgage brokers, and specialty lending partners.
- Information we receive from third party account verification services. We use this information for the purposes of instant account verification, which helps us provide you with the Services more quickly and reduce the risk of fraud.
- Information from your visit to our website and your use of our Services. We may use information we collect from your interaction with our Services to tailor our offering to you and improve our Services.
- Information you provide when you communicate with us. You may also provide personal information when you contact us with a question or a concern. We will use this information to address your question or concern and may use this information to improve our Services.
As permitted by applicable law, we may from time-to-time also use your personal information to keep you informed about our Services and about other products or services that may be of interest to you, to improve our Services and to administer contests or surveys. You may opt-out of the marketing and promotional messages but you will continue to receive other communication from us that is necessary to provide the Services. To opt-out of marketing and promotional messages click the “unsubscribe” button in the marketing and promotional message or Contact Us
We may also use online advertising services provided by Google, Facebook and other providers. These advertising services use tools to place advertisements on third party websites based on your past visits to our website. You can choose to opt-out of receiving Google’s tailored advertising services by visiting Google’s Advertising – Privacy & Terms page: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html. You can choose to opt-out of Facebook’s tailored advertising services by visiting https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217.
We may share your information with third party service providers. We use technology provided by third party partners, including Point Deduction Technology®, which analyzes credit data to identify where the impacts are placed on a credit file. We share your personal information with these technology providers to provide you with the Services. We may also share your personal information with other third parties to provide the Services you choose, including consumer reporting agencies (e.g., TransUnion), financial institutions, insurers and other financial services providers. We also may share your personal information with third parties that process payments on our behalf.
We may have to share your personal information in special circumstances. This would include situations when sharing is required by law, or we believe sharing will protect the safety, property or rights of MARBLE, our customers, or others. For example, we may share your information in response to a legal request (such as a subpoena, search warrant, or court order) if we believe, in good faith, that we are required to do so by law.
We may also share your information in connection with a sale, merger, bankruptcy, sale of assets or reorganization of our company. In such a case, we may share information with potential purchasers, successors and their advisors. This information could also be shared or transferred in the unlikely event that we are the subject of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding.
Transfers of personal information outside of Canada
Some of our third-party service providers, including the provider of Point Deduction Technology®, are located outside of Canada. In order to use these third-party service providers we may transfer your personal information outside of Canada. When we do that, your personal information may be subject to foreign laws and potential access by law enforcement or other governmental agencies in those countries.
We maintain reasonable safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft and unauthorized access. These safeguards include physical, organizational and technical measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information we collect and store. While we implement safeguards and are committed to protecting your personal information, no information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure from unauthorized access.
We will retain your personal information as long as needed to provide the Services. We may, however, retain your personal information even after you have closed your account if retaining the personal information is reasonably necessary to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms of Service.
If you are an individual that applies to use our Services, you may elect not to provide certain information. For example, you may choose not to provide your Social Insurance Number or certain financial information . However, by not providing all of the information requested in the application, you may not be able to take full advantage of our Services and it may hamper our ability to provide you with the Services you want.
You can choose how you receive communications from us by changing the communication preferences in your account settings or by clicking on an unsubscribe link in an e-mail from us. Please note that we may continue to send you certain communications relating to the management of your account.
We may use technologies such as cookies to collect information about the use of our websites and mobile services. A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer that provides a way for our web site to recognize you and keep track of your preferences. Cookies allow us to provide you relevant information as you use and when you return to our website and help us to provide a personalized experience for you. Most web browsers contain controls that allow you to block or delete cookies (this is usually done through privacy settings). Certain features of our site depend on cookies; if you choose to block cookies you may not be able to use those features or may lose preferences based on those cookies. You can read more about cookies at this link.
You can access and update your information by logging into your account and entering or updating your information. You can also contact us https://mymarble.ca/contact/ to access your personal information. We will respond to requests to access, update or delete personal information.
Karim Nanji, Privacy Officer
1166 Alberni St #1200
Vancouver, BC V6E 3Z3